What Oils Should I Use On My Bodhrán? 9 moisturisers for when your drum is dry.
- Silcox is the base for moisturisers with nothing added. It will make the skin as smooth as silk. Rub it on the outside of the skin.
- Vasaline petroleum jelly; usually if you can use it on your own body it's safe. Vasaline will stop the skin from drying and keep it oiled at the same time
- Cod Liver Oil; we swallow cod liver oil to improve our health, it is also good for your bodhrans health
- Eel Oil, great but hard to get as it is mainly sold in capsule form, just bite a little hole in the top of the capsule and squeeze it out
- Rapeseed Oil
- Grapeseed Oil
- Vegetable Oil
- Pure Aloe Vera
- Almond Oil (as long as you are no allergic to nuts)