What Oils Should I Use On My Bodhrán? 9 moisturisers for when your drum is dry.
There are many safe moisturisers you can use and it is best to avoid those with too many chemicals. The skin will only need any of these if it becomes dry, like looking after your hands.
- Silcox is the base for moisturisers with nothing added. It will make the skin as smooth as silk. Rub it on the outside of the skin.
- Vasaline petroleum jelly; usually if you can use it on your own body it's safe. Vasaline will stop the skin from drying and keep it oiled at the same time
- Cod Liver Oil; we swallow cod liver oil to improve our health, it is also good for your bodhrán's health
- Eel Oil, great but hard to get as it is mainly sold in capsule form, just bite a little hole in the top of the capsule and squeeze it out
- Rapeseed Oil
- Grapeseed Oil
- Pure Aloe Vera
- Almond Oil (as long as you are not allergic to nuts)
- My very own 5 star bodhrán conditioning cream, Drum Diddly
keith Blackburn April 27 2021 at 09:40AM
Hi -lookking on website and interested in rosewood 16"tuneable deal but didnt seem to be able to connect with shopping basket also price is quoted in euros (fairenough) can we sort out a purchase ?? thanks
Dale April 27 2021 at 09:42AM
Just got my 6×16 in the mail at work today… a little pingy… thanks to late fall low humidity…
HOW MUCH vaseline, oil, etc … playing side, or both sides?
(CAN’T WAIT TO REALLY PLAY IT TONIGHT!!!!!)
John Doyle April 27 2021 at 09:42AM
Hi Paraic, can you tell me how long the Bodhran strap is please, good to see you are still going strong, as is the drum you made for me 14 or so years ago !!!!